Asher [6 months]
1/2 a year.
The downhill side of my maternity leave.
Doesn't matter how you slice it, for this mama...it's a little sad. :( We've all been guilty of that age old phrase "time slow down!" when it comes to our kids. I'm no different. I'd love to freeze him, to stay home and live in our little bubble of drool soaked bibs and splattered baby food forever.
I could get really depressed thinking about how quickly the past six months has flown by... or I could reflect happily on my many blessings:
1. A wonderful, supportive husband who was always on board with finding a way for me to stay home for a full year.
2. A healthy, happy son that has morphed into the best big brother you could ever dream of.
3. A second healthy, happy son with the biggest eyes that could turn even the meanest soul to putty.
4. That year off that became reality and has enabled me to fully enjoy these past six months and look forward to the next.
5. A flourishing photography business that has helped bridge the gap left by my missing salary.
...this list could go on and on. Family, friends, church, etc. I have SO much to be thankful for. And I try really, really hard to remember that in times like these. Times when I want to throw a pity party for the 6 months of maternity leave that have already passed by... when I know there are others that would love a full 6 weeks! Or when I want to cry over how quickly Asher is growing...when I know there are couples praying for the opportunity to watch a baby grow.
You're either a glass half full or half empty kind of gal (or guy). I'm guilty of being both.
But this time, when I have all of these precious images to look at and swoon over... I feel like God is thumping me in the head saying "Really? How can your glass possibly be half empty?"
And I really don't have a comeback. Because it can't.
So, my friends, prepare for oversharing. Because there was a whole lot of cuteness in Asher's six month shoot and this was as far as I could narrow it down!
*shout-out to my hubby for getting me in the frame...in focus...more than once* ;)
No comments posted.